Liam Byrne is shadow Work and Pensions secretary
25 November 2012 12:00 AM
As the Autumn Statement looms, the Government's failure to get Britain back to work will take centre stage, but who will pay the price? The country's welfare bill is an incredible £24bn higher than forecast, and rising, it seems, as unemployment remains higher than at the last election.
30 September 2012 08:10 PM
As the Labour Party conference opens, the shadow Work and Pensions secretary explains the measures his party is taking to help Britain's young and unemployed.
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights