Lisa Appignanesi is a writer, broadcaster and former President of English PEN. She is the author of several books including All About Love (2011) and Mad, Bad and Sad: Women and the Mind Doctors (2008).
08 March 2013 03:16 PM
This week's big questions are answered by author and broadcaster Lisa Appignanesi
11 November 2011 12:00 AM
Early in his new novel, Umberto Eco has his troubled and troubling Italian protagonist, Captain Simonini, habitué of the lower depths and grub streets of belle époque Paris, meet a certain Dr Froïde. The doctor belongs to a race Simonini is less than sympathetic to. Our anti-hero dreams about Jews nightly. They are at the very top of an obsessive hate-list on which Germans, Jesuits, Masons, French, Communists, Italians and, ever since he was rejected as a teenager, women appear in fulminating order.
03 August 2000 12:00 AM
30 November 1999 12:02 AM
25 March 1999 12:02 AM
15 August 1998 12:02 AM
31 January 1998 12:02 AM
31 May 1997 12:02 AM
22 February 1997 12:02 AM
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet