Lisa Hilton is an author and biographer. She grew up in the north of England and read English at New College, Oxford, after which she studied History of Art in Florence and Paris. After eight years in New York, Paris and Milan she has recently returned to England and now lives in London with her husband and their daughter. Her work has appeared in Vogue, Elle, the Evening Standard and the Telegraph, among others.
09 June 2013 12:00 AM
Programmers should call time on the Tudors and mine world history for richer seams
Double Booker winner Hilary Mantel claims Henry VIII's arch-fixer Thomas Cromwell was an enlightened figure who laid foundations for the welfare state. She's wrong
20 October 2012 01:29 PM
To say that the poor are always with us, was already a cliché in the 16th century. It would appear the language used to implicitly judge the poor remains with us too.
16 September 2012 12:00 AM
A newly found, deformed skeleton may be that of our most maligned monarch. Lisa Hilton asks if it's really him, and did he kill the Princes in the Tower?
15 January 2012 12:00 AM
Talent soars from London's squalid alleys
11 December 2011 12:00 AM
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'