Lisa Nandy is Labour MP for Wigan and Shadow Children's Minister
16 October 2013 01:08 AM
We cannot let this harmful trend continue, says the Shadow Charities Minister
15 August 2013 05:49 PM
There is real scope for harm if children’s welfare conflicts with the pursuit of profit
07 May 2012 12:00 AM
The right fostering placement can completely transform children's lives. It can be the make or break point for them and equally it can be devastating for a young person to be put into the wrong situation. Fostering is incredibly important for families in crisis, but a real and pressing problem has largely gone unnoticed and shortages of carers unaddressed for too long.
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school