Lisa Nandy is the shadow charities minister
16 October 2013 01:08 AM
We cannot let this harmful trend continue, says the Shadow Charities Minister
15 August 2013 05:49 PM
There is real scope for harm if children’s welfare conflicts with the pursuit of profit
07 May 2012 12:00 AM
The right fostering placement can completely transform children's lives. It can be the make or break point for them and equally it can be devastating for a young person to be put into the wrong situation. Fostering is incredibly important for families in crisis, but a real and pressing problem has largely gone unnoticed and shortages of carers unaddressed for too long.
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 3 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 GamerGate: developer Tim Schafer provokes rage with joke about online gaming activists at industry awards