Lotte Vermeij is a visiting research fellow at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs. She has substantial field research experience in conflict zones. Her research focuses on the socialisation of child soldiers within rebel groups in northern Uganda, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Mozambique. She has conducted 400 in-depth interviews with child soldiers and their commanders.
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white