Lotte Vermeij is a visiting research fellow at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs. She has substantial field research experience in conflict zones. Her research focuses on the socialisation of child soldiers within rebel groups in northern Uganda, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Mozambique. She has conducted 400 in-depth interviews with child soldiers and their commanders.
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition