Lotte Vermeij is a visiting research fellow at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs. She has substantial field research experience in conflict zones. Her research focuses on the socialisation of child soldiers within rebel groups in northern Uganda, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Mozambique. She has conducted 400 in-depth interviews with child soldiers and their commanders.
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster