Lucy Cavendish is an author and journalist.
08 March 2013 04:42 PM
When women feel as let down as Pryce did, there are few weapons available to them. I think every woman would feel a small shred of sympathy for her
30 December 2012 12:00 AM
New Year's Eve is a time for reflection on the past 12 months, and optimism for the next. But what has 2012 taught me?
15 July 2012 12:00 AM
Now there'll be armies of little Ottolines
08 July 2012 12:00 AM
24 June 2012 12:00 AM
Lucy Cavendish fears that at the age of five her daughter is already beginning to buy into the sexualisation of women
22 April 2012 12:00 AM
Our writer understands why all eyes are on Pippa Middleton's antics in Paris. The good-girl, bad-girl combination is captivating every time
27 November 2011 12:00 AM
Reports that first-time mothers who give birth at home are more likely to have a baby who dies will have put the fear of God into every pregnant woman. And with the health services recommending in the same week that women be given Caesareans on demand, it seems the likelihood of anyone opting for a home birth is increasingly remote.
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Bollywood actress Veena Malik sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy after appearing in mock TV wedding scene
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school