Dr Luke Beardon is a senior lecturer in autism at Sheffield Hallam University's Autism Centre
04 March 2015 06:07 PM
The idea that all people with autism are disordered, impaired, or somehow “lesser” is one that still needs to be challenged
World Autism Awareness Day: Just because a person has a different way of communicating, it does not mean that they are impaired
02 April 2014 02:18 PM
The myriad of difficulties faced by autistic people are not simply as a result of autism, but are often due to the lack of understanding among others
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine