Mandy van Deven
Mandy Van Deven is a writer, global advocate, and online media strategist. She is the co-author of Hey, Shorty!: A Guide to Combating Sexual Harassment and Violence in Schools and on the Streets
25 October 2012 12:14 PM
As Republican Richard Mourdock enrages America with his views on pregnancy, our American writer offers a timely and personal reminder of why for plenty of men and women, life without children is a choice and liberation - despite social convention
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights