Maria Paz Mendez Hodes
Maria Paz Mendez Hodes is a freelance journalist. She is a graduate of the London School of Economics and Oxford University. Previously, she was a producer at the Charlie Rose Show in New York City.
13 November 2013 12:11 PM
You cannot stop a storm, but you can avert a disaster – this one, in part, was man-made
08 November 2013 06:37 PM
Another storm is centered on the Filipino Senate; it won’t be gone by Monday
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises