Marie Staunton is Chief Executive of Plan International UK
10 October 2012 06:29 PM
The shooting of a girls' rights campaigner brings into cruel focus the struggle to educate girls in the developing world - and the vital benefits this education can bring
10 July 2012 03:25 PM
The family planning world is meeting in London this week to make one straightforward request – give 120 million women in the world’s poorest countries access to contraception. Their reasoning is basic: ‘It’s mortality, stupid’.
10 July 2012 10:29 AM
The family planning world is meeting in London this week to make one straightforward request – give 120 million women in the world’s poorest countries access to contraception. Their reasoning is basic: ‘It’s mortality, stupid’. Pregnancy is the leading cause of death for teenage girls in the developing world.
13 February 1999 12:02 AM
20 January 1999 12:02 AM
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
In defence of liberal democracy
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 4 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want