Marie Staunton is Chief Executive of Plan International UK
10 October 2012 06:29 PM
The shooting of a girls' rights campaigner brings into cruel focus the struggle to educate girls in the developing world - and the vital benefits this education can bring
10 July 2012 03:25 PM
The family planning world is meeting in London this week to make one straightforward request – give 120 million women in the world’s poorest countries access to contraception. Their reasoning is basic: ‘It’s mortality, stupid’.
10 July 2012 10:29 AM
The family planning world is meeting in London this week to make one straightforward request – give 120 million women in the world’s poorest countries access to contraception. Their reasoning is basic: ‘It’s mortality, stupid’. Pregnancy is the leading cause of death for teenage girls in the developing world.
13 February 1999 12:02 AM
20 January 1999 12:02 AM
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Labour Party conference: Ed Balls to set out plan to freeze child benefit to balance books
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years