Marie Staunton is Chief Executive of Plan International UK
10 October 2012 06:29 PM
The shooting of a girls' rights campaigner brings into cruel focus the struggle to educate girls in the developing world - and the vital benefits this education can bring
10 July 2012 03:25 PM
The family planning world is meeting in London this week to make one straightforward request – give 120 million women in the world’s poorest countries access to contraception. Their reasoning is basic: ‘It’s mortality, stupid’.
10 July 2012 10:29 AM
The family planning world is meeting in London this week to make one straightforward request – give 120 million women in the world’s poorest countries access to contraception. Their reasoning is basic: ‘It’s mortality, stupid’. Pregnancy is the leading cause of death for teenage girls in the developing world.
13 February 1999 12:02 AM
20 January 1999 12:02 AM
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27