Marie Winckler works as a journalist and media assistant for Evgeny Lebedev. A Belgian emigre of French heritage, she attended the Sorbonne before writing for the Guardian and the Evening Standard. She is a keen football fan, and spends much of her day trawling the internet, searching for the world's most outlandish new stories.
08 February 2013 06:03 PM
Occasions when it is better that art is not sacred
08 February 2013 01:45 PM
Turns out President Putin is a big Boyz II Men fan; and why the Big Mac will tell you everything you need to know about the Eurozone
01 February 2013 12:20 PM
Plus: Totally bus-ted, star-gazing bugs, Taiwan's new Barbie restaurant and if you Wannabe evicted (you better get with my friends)
25 January 2013 03:43 PM
Plus, the ring made of human skin, a saucy license plate, and Noah's Ark take two
11 January 2013 03:17 PM
Plus: A clean conscience, acquitted of "looking gay", hi-tech parenting, hipster rage, Gold(trigger)finger and is this the ultimate Batman?
21 December 2012 01:09 PM
Plus: Sat nav Santa, the geek apocalypse and an alternative Christmas card list
14 December 2012 02:58 PM
Plus: rocketing perfume sales and did renaissance women shave their body hair?
30 November 2012 05:50 PM
Mohamed Morsi on Planet of the Apes and a follow up story on the regrettable Romney face tattoo
23 November 2012 04:32 PM
Could a Tsunami happen in land-locked Switzerland? Plus honour among thieves and Fantasy Football just got real
16 November 2012 12:31 PM
If you have sex in public, but no one is watching, is it still obscene? Plus bones of ancient giant discovered and that regrettable Romney face tattoo
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do