Marie Winckler works as a journalist and media assistant for Evgeny Lebedev. A Belgian emigre of French heritage, she attended the Sorbonne before writing for the Guardian and the Evening Standard. She is a keen football fan, and spends much of her day trawling the internet, searching for the world's most outlandish new stories.
09 November 2012 11:57 AM
Ashes to ashes, bust to bust; dead men elected to office and the woman who failed her driving test for the 105th time
26 October 2012 12:43 PM
Meet the headless ladybird, the stinkiest toilet in the world and the feline with a taste for archaeology
This week's wackiest web stories: Islamic swingers parties, mullet-ban and attack of the mutant rats!
19 October 2012 07:00 AM
Count Dracula's most useful beauty tip; when the cats away the mice will sing, and Damian Hirst, butterfly killer
12 October 2012 12:59 PM
Dude, wo ist mein car?; a mum goes on strike; why Romney is completely wrong; swimming with tigers and the only way to travel
10 October 2012 02:32 PM
The Sarah Palin diet, the kidnap that wasn't, a motor-tricycle hearse, the John Lennon letters and why do we behave so oddly in lifts?
09 October 2012 10:54 AM
Virtual genocide, outer-space real estate, Jay-Z rides the subway, the real Worzel Gummidge, how an FBI fugitive shook hands with the President.
08 October 2012 12:49 PM
Hollywood sign face-lift, post election exodus, high court high, cooking on the eternal flame and one seriously rad dad
05 October 2012 01:38 PM
A wikipedia for hip hop, Italy's most tyre-rannical politician, frost-bitten penis, snake bite vs. morphine and the brand new Taj Mahal
04 October 2012 10:47 AM
The strangest stories to hit the web today.
03 October 2012 10:48 AM
A clock that will outlive the Universe, pig eats man, fool's gold, journey to the centre of the earth, Mad Men booze-a-thon and more bin juice
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial