Mark Lynas is a visiting research associate at Oxford University and environmental campaigner. He is the author of 'Six Degrees, 'High Tide' and, his latest, the ‘The God Species: How the Planet can Survive the Age of Humans’
12 December 2014 06:00 PM
Finally, a rare piece of good news in an otherwise worrying story
22 July 2013 12:01 AM
Humanity is currently on course to double or even triple the carbon dioxide content of the Earth’s atmosphere by the end of this century.
05 November 2012 12:01 AM
Three key trade associations are pooling their lobbying resources. They risk loosing supporters, but is this the future of the environmental debate?
18 October 2012 06:27 PM
Make no mistake: the coalition in favour of sustainable energy is broadening all the time and the Chancellor looks increasingly alone
08 February 2012 12:00 AM
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'