Mark Lynas is a visiting research associate at Oxford University and environmental campaigner. He is the author of 'Six Degrees, 'High Tide' and, his latest, the ‘The God Species: How the Planet can Survive the Age of Humans’
12 December 2014 06:00 PM
Finally, a rare piece of good news in an otherwise worrying story
22 July 2013 12:01 AM
Humanity is currently on course to double or even triple the carbon dioxide content of the Earth’s atmosphere by the end of this century.
05 November 2012 12:01 AM
Three key trade associations are pooling their lobbying resources. They risk loosing supporters, but is this the future of the environmental debate?
18 October 2012 06:27 PM
Make no mistake: the coalition in favour of sustainable energy is broadening all the time and the Chancellor looks increasingly alone
08 February 2012 12:00 AM
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
- 1 Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin file for divorce after 10 years of marriage
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bookies now say Ed Miliband is more likely to be prime minister than David Cameron
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'