Mark Lynas is a visiting research associate at Oxford University and environmental campaigner. He is the author of 'Six Degrees, 'High Tide' and, his latest, the ‘The God Species: How the Planet can Survive the Age of Humans’
12 December 2014 06:00 PM
Finally, a rare piece of good news in an otherwise worrying story
22 July 2013 12:01 AM
Humanity is currently on course to double or even triple the carbon dioxide content of the Earth’s atmosphere by the end of this century.
05 November 2012 12:01 AM
Three key trade associations are pooling their lobbying resources. They risk loosing supporters, but is this the future of the environmental debate?
18 October 2012 06:27 PM
Make no mistake: the coalition in favour of sustainable energy is broadening all the time and the Chancellor looks increasingly alone
08 February 2012 12:00 AM
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more