Commentator and stand-up comedian Mark Steel has presented several radio and television programmes, and appeared on Have I Got News for You and Never Mind the Buzzcocks. In 2006 he published 'Vive La Revolution: A Stand-up History of the French Revolution', and in 2000 stood as a candidate in the London Assembly elections.
14 August 2014 05:52 PM
Could the West be any more confused over Iraq and Syria?
07 August 2014 06:54 PM
As he’s on the rise, the others will try to copy him; Clegg will be cheeky Cockney and Miliband outrageously camp
01 August 2014 09:45 AM
It’s clearly just a batch of explosive toasters
17 July 2014 06:46 PM
There’s no helping some people is there?
10 July 2014 07:18 PM
A bit of forward thinking can go a long way
03 July 2014 06:17 PM
Why should such a great spectacle be ruined by the sight of common people?
26 June 2014 06:37 PM
I mean – Luis Suarez isn’t really worse than al-Qa’ida, is he?
Mark Steel on World Cup 2014: There’s only way to save punditry from oblivion – ditch the footballers and choose at random from the electoral register
19 June 2014 09:05 PM
Ed Miliband needs to learn from Phil Neville. Because Phil’s commentating style was so lacking in passion that the Manaus stadium could have burned down on Saturday, and as the fans fled in terror Phil would have said: “Well, that’s what flames can do. If you leave them unmarked. Quite hot there now. Lots of stuff melting. Not what you want to see as a manager.”
19 June 2014 07:25 PM
Amateur pundits would truly capture the country's passion and excitement
13 June 2014 12:31 PM
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations