Commentator and stand-up comedian Mark Steel has presented several radio and television programmes, and appeared on Have I Got News for You and Never Mind the Buzzcocks. In 2006 he published 'Vive La Revolution: A Stand-up History of the French Revolution', and in 2000 stood as a candidate in the London Assembly elections.
20 June 2013 06:36 PM
Maybe it was his ability to convey humanity that made Tony Soprano so powerful to watch
13 June 2013 07:10 PM
If a case revolves around an M6 bottleneck, who better to hire than Eddie Stobart?
06 June 2013 07:10 PM
It’s daft enough that the Tories are scared of Labour; but Labour is scared of itself, too
30 May 2013 06:39 PM
Benefit cuts made Kenny depend on food banks. It’s just take take take with some people, isn’t it?
23 May 2013 04:28 PM
This is the latest of a long line of things we can no longer enjoy because gays are allowed to do them as well. Why bother buying food when lesbian couples can too?
16 May 2013 07:00 PM
Every parent cherishes those oh-so-fleeting times, when their child sits up eagerly in bed squealing “Please can you explain the uses of a colon again.PLEEEEASE.”
09 May 2013 06:20 PM
Of all those cockle-pickers who brought the banking system to its knees, not one has voluntarily given back their knighthood. At last the Government is taking action
26 April 2013 12:00 AM
This is the logic of the US gun lobby, although it might be tricky with sprint races, as every runner would instinctively fire on the poor sod who fired the starting gun
18 April 2013 06:07 PM
It’s essential for the nation that we quickly revert to our normal madness levels. Somehow we became so doolally last week we banned a song from The Wizard of Oz
11 April 2013 07:42 PM
If someone robs your house, you don’t say: “I disagreed with the burglar’s policy, of tying me to a chair. But I did admire his convictions.”
- 1 North Korea: Kim Jong Un 'sacks powerful uncle and has his aides executed'
- 2 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert