Mark Thompson is a political blogger and commentator who edits the award winning Mark Thompson's Blog
27 March 2014 09:15 PM
Captivating tale of the 'conchie' who became a cult poet
09 September 2013 03:55 PM
It won't be so easily dismissed if any other sitting MPs walk away
03 June 2013 02:04 PM
How can we trust in politics when discredited MPs are allowed to keep their seats?
08 March 2013 07:00 PM
These beguiling essays show how, from Sarajevo to Chicago, a gifted exile told his story
28 January 2013 04:21 PM
To do so sets a dangerous precedent whereby the politicians who can afford their own expenses get credit for being wealthy. Most MPs have a legitimate right to allowances.
18 January 2013 01:04 PM
How can Ed Miliband's party reconcile the fact that they are "against the cuts" but would have to enforce austerity if they were elected? They can't - and it will cost them
18 December 2012 10:34 AM
We're in danger of entering a vicious cycle in which the disaffected young don't vote, leaving politicians to favour the old at their cost
29 July 1999 12:02 AM
23 November 1997 12:02 AM
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
The open loathing between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu just got worse
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
President Putin is a dangerous psychopath - reason is not going to work with him
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Britain's widening poverty gap should be causing outrage at the start of the election campaign
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
- 5 Kim Sears responds to swearing controversy with 'parental advisory' T-shirt at Andy Murray's Australian Open final