Mark Thompson is a political blogger and commentator who edits the award winning Mark Thompson's Blog
27 March 2014 09:15 PM
Captivating tale of the 'conchie' who became a cult poet
09 September 2013 03:55 PM
It won't be so easily dismissed if any other sitting MPs walk away
03 June 2013 02:04 PM
How can we trust in politics when discredited MPs are allowed to keep their seats?
08 March 2013 07:00 PM
These beguiling essays show how, from Sarajevo to Chicago, a gifted exile told his story
28 January 2013 04:21 PM
To do so sets a dangerous precedent whereby the politicians who can afford their own expenses get credit for being wealthy. Most MPs have a legitimate right to allowances.
18 January 2013 01:04 PM
How can Ed Miliband's party reconcile the fact that they are "against the cuts" but would have to enforce austerity if they were elected? They can't - and it will cost them
18 December 2012 10:34 AM
We're in danger of entering a vicious cycle in which the disaffected young don't vote, leaving politicians to favour the old at their cost
29 July 1999 12:02 AM
23 November 1997 12:02 AM
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 4 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 5 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- < Previous
- Next >