Martin King is Digital Operations Editor for the Independent
24 January 2013 11:42 AM
Mariska the mare has been amazing horse-lovers around the world with her skill in opening doors.
24 October 2012 10:35 AM
An "outrageous and demeaning" comment by a Republican Party candidate for the US Senate has again dragged the party into the mire over women's rights.
12 October 2012 04:49 PM
Click above to enlarge graphic.
The "extreme athlete" Felix Baumgartner is hopeful that his second attempt at a supersonic skydive over New Mexico can take place on Sunday.
04 October 2012 01:45 PM
The pop star Duffy fled a fire that destroyed a luxury penthouse flat in London last night.
04 October 2012 09:43 AM
Test your Olympics knowledge with our quiz – and learn how to find the answers on The Independent's Olympics channel
17 July 2012 12:44 PM
How many UK track and field athletes hold Olympic records? Who comes third in the all-time gold medal table? Or, thinking more of spectators than stats geeks, what’s the schedule for archery at the Games? Or equestrian events? Or beach volleyball?
25 December 2011 08:00 AM
All human life is here - including the death of the newspaper for which that phrase was once a proud boast. But our list is headed by a man who (thankfully) got his forecast spectacularly wrong
01 November 2011 12:00 AM
This is more than a new look. The independent.co.uk revamp is the start of a continuous process – on a new platform with the flexibility for a rapid evolution in an age where users have three or four ways to read or view what we offer.
13 December 1999 12:02 AM
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
- 1 Amber Peat: Body found in search for missing 13-year-old who ran away after argument with her parents
- 2 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 3 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 4 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
- 5 Fifa corruption: Qatar says investigations are racist, anti-Arab and show 'ugly face' of countries who lost 2022 World Cup bid