Matt Butler is a sports writer for The Independent and i paper
14 July 2014 12:35 AM
View from the Sofa: World Cup third place play-off; ITV / Hardrock 100; online
11 July 2014 06:40 PM
Hansen is the televisual equivalent of an ancient factory worker
Lance Armstrong documentary: ‘Don’t give up on sport cos of liars like Lance,’ says filmmaker Alex Gibney
07 July 2014 07:04 PM
Oscar-winning documentary maker Alex Gibney got too close in filming Armstrong’s comeback but, he tells Matt Butler, stopped ‘being a fan’ and confronted his subject when the truth about doping broke
06 July 2014 09:58 PM
Tour de France Grand Départ ITV
30 June 2014 02:08 AM
Glastonbury BBC 2; Wimbledon BBC 2
View from a sofa: Even dull Phil Neville couldn’t suck all the joy out of a day-long feast of sporting thrills
15 June 2014 05:35 PM
How to fit 15 hours of sport into one day...
08 June 2014 07:36 PM
David Beckham Into the Unknown BBC 1, GAA Sky Sports 3
01 June 2014 07:25 PM
To say Ellie Greenwood won a marathon yesterday would be wrong. The Canada-based Scot became the first British woman to win the Comrades Marathon – a race almost double the usual 26.2 miles.
01 June 2014 07:13 PM
View From the Sofa: World Cup Epic Fails, ITV1
28 May 2014 01:23 AM
Nobody wants to fall back on lazy stereotypes but after dodgy food was found at the respective World Cup bases of England and Italy, you can guess which team kicked up a fuss.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'