Matt Butler is a sports writer for The Independent and i paper
View from a sofa: Even dull Phil Neville couldn’t suck all the joy out of a day-long feast of sporting thrills
15 June 2014 05:35 PM
How to fit 15 hours of sport into one day...
08 June 2014 07:36 PM
David Beckham Into the Unknown BBC 1, GAA Sky Sports 3
01 June 2014 07:25 PM
To say Ellie Greenwood won a marathon yesterday would be wrong. The Canada-based Scot became the first British woman to win the Comrades Marathon – a race almost double the usual 26.2 miles.
01 June 2014 07:13 PM
View From the Sofa: World Cup Epic Fails, ITV1
28 May 2014 01:23 AM
Nobody wants to fall back on lazy stereotypes but after dodgy food was found at the respective World Cup bases of England and Italy, you can guess which team kicked up a fuss.
26 May 2014 01:19 AM
View From The Sofa: 24 Hours To Go Broke, Dave
11 May 2014 11:33 PM
View From The Sofa: Football Outposts: Europe, BT Sport
Matt Butler: England should rethink employing Dr Steve Peters at World Cup after Liverpool and Ronnie O'Sullivan monkey around
07 May 2014 06:39 PM
The psychiatrist will be in the employ of the Three Lions this summer
04 May 2014 11:20 PM
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'