Matthew Crow is a freelance journalist and author. He has published two novels, his latest, My Dearest Jonah, was long-listed for the Dylan Thomas Prize. His third book, In Bloom, will be published by Corsair in summer 2013.
06 November 2012 01:31 PM
The religion L. Ron Hubbard founded in 1952 is the toast of Hollywood and the butt of everyone else's jokes, but we should be grateful to Scientology for the deeper understanding of religion it affords us.
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia