Press Awards Columnist of the Year 2008, the political commentator Matthew Norman also writes The Independent’s media diary.
23 September 2014 06:56 PM
We now know that when the Cameron lachrymals are activated… reverse the meaning of his next sentence
In what universe is Hilary Mantel's imaginary assassination of Margret Thatcher worthy of police investigation?
21 September 2014 05:48 PM
Only among Mrs T’s cronies
16 September 2014 06:27 PM
A No vote will be nothing more than a temporary stay of the death sentence
14 September 2014 06:43 PM
The First Minister has been blessed. Just watch them go
09 September 2014 04:51 PM
The former Prime Minister is reborn as a superhero today. He may have found his moment in history
07 September 2014 04:48 PM
This is tactical posturing designed to petrify the Tories
02 September 2014 07:22 PM
A little light intimidation has always been part and parcel of the game
31 August 2014 07:07 PM
But what do we actually know about the exceedingly right-wing septuagenarian?
19 August 2014 07:12 PM
We were once mesmerised by him, but now he's just a half-forgotten curio
17 August 2014 08:35 PM
Who would want to join a club that has Gaddafi and Berlusconi as its members?
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition