Press Awards Columnist of the Year 2008, the political commentator Matthew Norman also writes The Independent’s media diary.
21 July 2015 05:32 PM
We have drifted into a strange nexus where the riotously humorous and the profoundly grave meet
19 July 2015 06:34 PM
Or was the health secretary out shopping?
14 July 2015 09:08 PM
This black-hole contest distorts time; it feels like years since the shortlist was unveiled
12 July 2015 08:23 PM
Let’s ask Vernon Kay to decide
08 July 2015 09:29 AM
An international mash-up born itself in part of nationalistic disdain
05 July 2015 08:31 PM
Like the fact that Buzz Aldrin’s mother’s maiden name was Moon, a byline from Economakis seems too good to be true
03 July 2015 06:58 PM
The image of the 81-year-old slipping down a storm drain is viciously depressing
30 June 2015 04:56 PM
Men’s football makes you psychotic, and your allegiance to a team obliterates morality
28 June 2015 07:10 PM
Farron’s latest claim that he lacks ambition hints at a sinfully laissez faire relationship with the Commandment
Untold lives wouldn’t need saving if we followed the Cuban model of focusing on preventative healthcare
23 June 2015 05:40 PM
If you want to improve cancer survival rates, the answer isn’t bypassing specialists
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition