Press Awards Columnist of the Year 2008, the political commentator Matthew Norman also writes The Independent’s media diary.
30 September 2014 07:09 PM
If anything is to break the four-party politics deadlock, it could well be the NHS.
28 September 2014 08:33 PM
Ed Miliband can breathe easier than he deserves to this week
23 September 2014 06:59 PM
We might finally be warming to the man known as “the British Obama”
23 September 2014 06:56 PM
We now know that when the Cameron lachrymals are activated… reverse the meaning of his next sentence
In what universe is Hilary Mantel's imaginary assassination of Margret Thatcher worthy of police investigation?
21 September 2014 05:48 PM
Only among Mrs T’s cronies
16 September 2014 06:27 PM
A No vote will be nothing more than a temporary stay of the death sentence
14 September 2014 06:43 PM
The First Minister has been blessed. Just watch them go
09 September 2014 04:51 PM
The former Prime Minister is reborn as a superhero today. He may have found his moment in history
07 September 2014 04:48 PM
This is tactical posturing designed to petrify the Tories
02 September 2014 07:22 PM
A little light intimidation has always been part and parcel of the game
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school