Press Awards Columnist of the Year 2008, the political commentator Matthew Norman also writes The Independent’s media diary.
17 February 2015 06:35 PM
Between Chancellor and Shadow Chancellor, we have two men who have made a complete mess of handling the tax-avoidance issue
15 February 2015 06:37 PM
No one empathises with the needy more than IDS...
08 February 2015 09:12 PM
Does anyone in the Lib Dems have a clue?
03 February 2015 06:21 PM
Pinned to the ropes, the only option is to come out throwing haymakers
What's that? A Monaco-based billionaire has attacked Ed Miliband, who wants to clamp down on tax avoidance? Hold the press!
02 February 2015 12:52 PM
The owner of Boots is a real master of surprise
Benedict Cumberbatch race row: What's the actual difference between 'coloured' and 'person of colour'?
27 January 2015 06:27 PM
I haven’t had time to check my privilege on this one yet, but I can't see why his comments are so controversial
27 January 2015 05:12 PM
He’s presided over prison chaos, and now he’s offering his ‘expertise’ to the Saudis
25 January 2015 07:24 PM
Anyone who has stated that what most attracted him to Ukip was its discipline deserves a legislative voice
There will always be anti-semitism, but let’s also remember how protected and valued we Jews in the UK are
20 January 2015 05:12 PM
Where is the evidence that I should be succumbing to fear and abandoning these shores?
18 January 2015 07:32 PM
According to the Mail on Sunday, Miliband should have caused panic by heralding the financial meltdown well in advance
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 4 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 5 A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection