Melissa Ann Benn is a British journalist and writer. She is the author of ‘School Wars: The Battle for Britain’s Education’
11 January 1997 12:02 AM
Melissa Benn welcomes a moving first novel from a veteran political thinker; When Memory Dies by A Sivanandan, Arcadia, pounds 9.99
27 July 1996 12:02 AM
The Last Time I Saw Mother by Arlene J. Chai Headline Review, pounds 16.99
13 July 1996 12:02 AM
Helen Dunmore's novel is almost too perfect.
05 October 1995 12:02 AM
A chronicle of the hardships women faced and the sacrifices they made carries a positive message for Melissa Benn
12 April 1995 12:02 AM
`Hobbies were the last thing I wanted to do. It was always a bit depressing'; `Dreaming, doing nothing is an important part of living'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
Day In a Page