Melissa Ann Benn is a British journalist and writer. She is the author of ‘School Wars: The Battle for Britain’s Education’
11 January 1997 12:02 AM
Melissa Benn welcomes a moving first novel from a veteran political thinker; When Memory Dies by A Sivanandan, Arcadia, pounds 9.99
27 July 1996 12:02 AM
The Last Time I Saw Mother by Arlene J. Chai Headline Review, pounds 16.99
13 July 1996 12:02 AM
Helen Dunmore's novel is almost too perfect.
05 October 1995 12:02 AM
A chronicle of the hardships women faced and the sacrifices they made carries a positive message for Melissa Benn
12 April 1995 12:02 AM
`Hobbies were the last thing I wanted to do. It was always a bit depressing'; `Dreaming, doing nothing is an important part of living'
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Day In a Page