Mike Dodd is a journalist and media law specialist, and the co-author of the 21st edition of ‘McNae’s Essential Law for Journalists’
25 July 2013 06:21 PM
The rules of the Court of Protection are the reverse of what applies elsewhere
18 July 2012 03:00 PM
Journalist Andrew Gilligan accepted a High Court apology from publisher Faber and Faber today over passages in a biography of former London mayor Ken Livingstone that suggested that he had been sacked by the Evening Standard newspaper.
09 May 2012 01:23 PM
A Bill to protect freedom of speech and reform the libel laws is to be introduced into Parliament, it was announced in the Queen's Speech.
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more