Mishaal Khan is a freelance journalist. She lived in the UAE for three years, working as a news reporter for local English language newspaper 7DAYS. Previously she was a writer at the Daily Mail.
06 June 2013 06:58 PM
The case of two soldiers who admitted the sexual and racial abuse of Afghan citizens reveals an unhelpful double standard in the military
04 June 2013 01:10 PM
It's two weeks since the murder of Lee Rigby and every time I've turned on a news programme since, it isn’t long until the conversation turns to that day
10 May 2013 01:40 PM
It is very easy to get swept away with dreams for a ‘Naya Pakistan’, yet the result of the elections could not be more important for both Pakistan and the wider world
06 May 2013 05:40 PM
The tolerance of the British, and their acceptance of immigrants to this country, is commendable. But the attitude of Emiratis is admirable on a different scale
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'