Natasha Devon is a writer, television pundit and founder of the Self Esteem Team. Natasha has co-authored a number of books on body image and eating disorders in collaboration with psychologists and celebrities. She appears on Sky News, BBC Breakfast and ITV’s Daybreak and This Morning. Her specialist subjects are young adults, education and body image. The Self Esteem Team has worked with more than 35,000 teenagers of both genders from throughout the UK. Their lectures and workshops aim to help young people navigate the worlds of fashion, beauty, media and internet on their own terms, making their own body rules and “rocking their own brand of gorgeous”. It has been shown to help students both academically and emotionally, by conquering their self-esteem and body image issues. The programme is endorsed by Gok Wan, who described it as ‘exactly what the UK is crying out for!’. Natasha works alongside the All Parties Parliamentary Group on Body Image and is petitioning the Education Secretary to give more priority and funding to Personal, Health and Social Education. She was named a Mental Health Association ‘Hero’ and Cosmopolitan Magazine’s ‘Ultimate Woman of the Year’ in 2012, as well as one of Ernst & Young’s top 50 Social Entrepreneurs in 2013. Natasha’s book ‘Fundamentals: A Guide for Parents & Teachers on Mental Health & Self Esteem’ is published in January 2015.
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory