Natasha Devon is a writer, television pundit and founder of the Self Esteem Team. Natasha has co-authored a number of books on body image and eating disorders in collaboration with psychologists and celebrities. She appears on Sky News, BBC Breakfast and ITV’s Daybreak and This Morning. Her specialist subjects are young adults, education and body image. The Self Esteem Team has worked with more than 35,000 teenagers of both genders from throughout the UK. Their lectures and workshops aim to help young people navigate the worlds of fashion, beauty, media and internet on their own terms, making their own body rules and “rocking their own brand of gorgeous”. It has been shown to help students both academically and emotionally, by conquering their self-esteem and body image issues. The programme is endorsed by Gok Wan, who described it as ‘exactly what the UK is crying out for!’. Natasha works alongside the All Parties Parliamentary Group on Body Image and is petitioning the Education Secretary to give more priority and funding to Personal, Health and Social Education. She was named a Mental Health Association ‘Hero’ and Cosmopolitan Magazine’s ‘Ultimate Woman of the Year’ in 2012, as well as one of Ernst & Young’s top 50 Social Entrepreneurs in 2013. Natasha’s book ‘Fundamentals: A Guide for Parents & Teachers on Mental Health & Self Esteem’ is published in January 2015.
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'