Neera Sharma is Assistant Director, Policy and Research at Barnardo’s
18 October 2013 05:58 PM
Some families managed by cutting back on fruit, or by not switching the heating on in winter. Others have exhausted their coping mechanisms and have reached crisis point.
27 December 2012 02:21 PM
Why punish the children by trapping them in poverty so they are likely to fail at school and become trapped in a cycle of unemployment?
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant