Neera Sharma is Assistant Director, Policy and Research at Barnardo’s
The income tax threshold rises to £10K this week. So why won’t the poorest workers see extra cash from the change?
07 April 2014 12:06 PM
If the Government is to really make work pay, they must make sure the lowest paid can earn more without having their benefits taken away
18 October 2013 05:58 PM
Some families managed by cutting back on fruit, or by not switching the heating on in winter. Others have exhausted their coping mechanisms and have reached crisis point.
27 December 2012 02:21 PM
Why punish the children by trapping them in poverty so they are likely to fail at school and become trapped in a cycle of unemployment?
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine