Nigel Morris is Deputy Political Editor at The Independent.
05 December 2014 04:21 PM
“The Government was explicit it needed to make these changes swiftly"
05 December 2014 12:36 PM
Judge found ‘no good reason’ for Justice Secretary Chris Grayling’s ban on prisoners receiving books in the post
04 December 2014 07:15 PM
Chris Grayling is refusing to listen to those who have seen our prisons up close
04 December 2014 06:19 PM
Facility is nearly 300 people too full
04 December 2014 01:34 PM
Backbench MP arrested on suspicion of rape
04 December 2014 12:08 PM
Tory MP has been arrested and released on police bail following an allegation of rape
03 December 2014 05:40 PM
Wants to rebalance the economy away from London
03 December 2014 04:36 PM
Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls delivers forceful reply
02 December 2014 06:04 PM
Most ambitious central housebuilding programme for a generation
Cameron forced to retreat on immigration: 'Game-changing' speech makes unexpected concessions to EU leaders
28 November 2014 07:29 PM
Proposals focus on benefits restrictions rather than cap on numbers
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights