Lord Norman Fowler was a member of the Conservative Cabinet from 1981 to 1990.
Many who served in Mrs Thatcher's Cabinet did not live to see her funeral - but this was a fitting tribute to all she achieved
17 April 2013 08:09 PM
Lord Fowler, a member of Cabinet from 1981-90, reflects on absent colleagues
05 February 1999 12:02 AM
"THURSDAY, 8 JANUARY: Half a column in the `Telegraph', an interview for `Today' and a few paragraphs in the rest. The party always complains that the Shadow Cabinet does not get enough coverage - but it is inevitable in opposition. The press are not as interested in the views of politicians without power - and rightly so. Government affects everyone: opposition is normally just an expression of view."
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
Day In a Page