Norman Stone is a historian and author and currently Professor in the Department of INternational Relations at Bilkent University, Ankara. Previous posts include Professor at the University of Oxford, Lecturer at the University of Cambridge and advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. His books include The Atlantic and Its Enemies: A Personal History of the Cold War (2010) and Turkey: A Short History (2011).
This week's big questions: Should Turkey join the EU? Should the UK have a referendum on leaving it?
28 December 2012 05:42 PM
This week's questions are answered by historian and author Norman Stone
18 August 1998 12:02 AM
15 August 1998 12:02 AM
07 August 1998 12:02 AM
05 December 1996 12:02 AM
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella