Norman Stone is a historian and author and currently Professor in the Department of INternational Relations at Bilkent University, Ankara. Previous posts include Professor at the University of Oxford, Lecturer at the University of Cambridge and advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. His books include The Atlantic and Its Enemies: A Personal History of the Cold War (2010) and Turkey: A Short History (2011).
This week's big questions: Should Turkey join the EU? Should the UK have a referendum on leaving it?
28 December 2012 05:42 PM
This week's questions are answered by historian and author Norman Stone
18 August 1998 12:02 AM
15 August 1998 12:02 AM
07 August 1998 12:02 AM
05 December 1996 12:02 AM
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Labour leadership: Battle lines are drawn as members battle over party's ideology at first hustings of the contest
- 1 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 2 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 3 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 4 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 5 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage