Nyima Pratten is the Managing Editor of expat lifestyle magazine, Talk Shanghai. Although currently based in China, she was born and brought up in the UK and is of mixed British and Chinese heritage.
20 February 2015 12:01 PM
As Chinese people welcome in the Year of the Sheep, Ram or Goat, many in Shanghai are trying to shake off the negative image earned by badly behaved antics of those travelling at home and abroad, giving China a bad reputation
03 December 2013 10:00 AM
These stories in Western media depict Chinese people in an unreasonably negative way
19 March 2013 02:49 PM
What has not been mentioned in the West is that the term 'shengnu' is open to interpretation. Depending on how you look at it, ‘sheng’ can also mean successful
18 February 2013 04:15 PM
If China is to implement environmental changes in a sustainable way, there must be some trade-off between being green and staying out of the red.
15 November 2012 03:32 PM
As Xi Jinping is announced as the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, it's time to reevaluate our not-so special relationship with China
07 October 2012 12:00 AM
The Western media has recently been reporting on the children left behind by their parents in China. The truth is, it's not out of choice, but necessity.
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats