Nyima Pratten is the Managing Editor of expat lifestyle magazine, Talk Shanghai. Although currently based in China, she was born and brought up in the UK and is of mixed British and Chinese heritage.
03 December 2013 10:00 AM
These stories in Western media depict Chinese people in an unreasonably negative way
19 March 2013 02:49 PM
What has not been mentioned in the West is that the term 'shengnu' is open to interpretation. Depending on how you look at it, ‘sheng’ can also mean successful
18 February 2013 04:15 PM
If China is to implement environmental changes in a sustainable way, there must be some trade-off between being green and staying out of the red.
15 November 2012 03:32 PM
As Xi Jinping is announced as the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, it's time to reevaluate our not-so special relationship with China
07 October 2012 12:00 AM
The Western media has recently been reporting on the children left behind by their parents in China. The truth is, it's not out of choice, but necessity.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights