Oliver Wright is Whitehall Editor of The Independent.
29 October 2014 12:17 AM
Home Office "still has no idea" how many rejected asylum claimants are still in the UK
29 October 2014 12:00 AM
The What Works Centre for Wellbeing will be led by Lord O’Donnell, the former Cabinet Secretary
28 October 2014 12:00 AM
Average earning for women in the UK falls from £18,000 to £15,400
Big Society exclusive: Taxpayer-funded grants were paid ‘under intense pressure’ to Cameron-founded charity by Nesta
19 October 2014 07:05 PM
Report concludes that a public body was lobbied to award nearly £500,000 to charity launched by David Cameron
17 October 2014 07:32 PM
Transport Secretary plans to make discounts more flexible – and ‘regrets’ the marketing of HS2
17 October 2014 07:21 PM
The Network, which was launched by the Prime Minister in 2010, was given at least £2.5m of National Lottery funding and public-sector grants
16 October 2014 02:37 PM
Jackie Doyle-Price MP tweets: “Anyone who denies that the minimum wage is a barrier to employment for the less able is living in cloud cuckoo land”
14 October 2014 07:52 PM
A distrust of Europe could lead to an electoral earthquake in what is nominally a safe Tory seat
13 October 2014 10:19 PM
Voting by 274 to 12, a majority of 262, MPs on all sides urged the Government to 'recognise the state of Palestine'
10 October 2014 06:05 PM
Pro-Israel MPs unhappy at being whipped into voting to recognise Palestine
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights