Owen Burek is founder of the student money website www.savethestudent.org and more recently the graduate advice site www.savethegraduate.org. As well as publishing 'The Essential Student Guide to Finance', Owen is a frequent writer and commentator for various publications, and has made live appearances on BBC News.
11 March 2015 12:56 PM
Don’t believe the hype: tax is taxing – the clue’s in the name – but it doesn’t have to be traumatic
09 September 2013 10:59 AM
The essential guide on how not to end up skint for the rest of the year...
02 September 2013 11:01 AM
Student loans are complicated beasts - but they're not to be feared
20 August 2013 10:39 AM
Find out how students can take full advantage of being the bank’s favourite customers, without getting stung
16 October 2012 02:43 PM
Unsure about finance? Save The Student have released a free eBook explaining finances to the freshers' of 2012
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Oxygen-starved 'dead zones' with no marine life up to 100-miles long discovered in the Atlantic Ocean
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Tory activist asked to step down after Labour candidate Rupa Huq is 'manhandled' while questioning Boris Johnson on the campaign trail