Paris Lees is editor of META, a new publication devoted to gender issues. She has columns with Gay Times and DIVA and appears in The Guardian, Attitude and Pink News.
Don't get mad, get even: Paris Lees responds to Julie Burchill's attack about the concept of intersectionality
23 February 2014 12:00 AM
The acclaimed transgender rights activist topped The Independent on Sunday's 2013 Pink List. But last week she and journalist Julie Burchill had a tempestuous debate about the ways in which different forms of discrimination, such as race, gender and class, interlock
02 February 2014 12:00 AM
When will TV and film start opening the door to transgender actors, asks Paris Lees
Why do the likes of David Starkey, Andrew Pierce and Rupert Everett oppose same-sex marriage despite being gay? Is it Stockholm Syndrome?
12 October 2012 12:00 AM
Apart from anything else, it shows a terrible lack of imagination
18 June 2012 03:34 PM
When Channel 4 screened Ria: Diary of a Teen Transsexual last Tuesday I was prepared for ignorant comments. I didn’t predict though that criticism towards 17 year old Ria would focus so heavily on her sex work.
31 May 2012 04:00 AM
Transphobia has passed the dinner table test because those who mock trans people simply don’t expect to see one of us at their dinner tables
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry