Paris Lees is editor of META, a new publication devoted to gender issues. She has columns with Gay Times and DIVA and appears in The Guardian, Attitude and Pink News.
Don't get mad, get even: Paris Lees responds to Julie Burchill's attack about the concept of intersectionality
23 February 2014 12:00 AM
The acclaimed transgender rights activist topped The Independent on Sunday's 2013 Pink List. But last week she and journalist Julie Burchill had a tempestuous debate about the ways in which different forms of discrimination, such as race, gender and class, interlock
02 February 2014 12:00 AM
When will TV and film start opening the door to transgender actors, asks Paris Lees
Why do the likes of David Starkey, Andrew Pierce and Rupert Everett oppose same-sex marriage despite being gay? Is it Stockholm Syndrome?
12 October 2012 12:00 AM
Apart from anything else, it shows a terrible lack of imagination
18 June 2012 03:34 PM
When Channel 4 screened Ria: Diary of a Teen Transsexual last Tuesday I was prepared for ignorant comments. I didn’t predict though that criticism towards 17 year old Ria would focus so heavily on her sex work.
31 May 2012 04:00 AM
Transphobia has passed the dinner table test because those who mock trans people simply don’t expect to see one of us at their dinner tables
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 3 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to Arsenal and England striker