Paul Donovan has been a commentator on Catholic issues for a number of years, contributing to the Tablet, Universe, Church Times and CNN among others. Until recently, he wrote a weekly column for the Universe focusing on social justice issues. www.paulfdonovan.blogspot.com
25 November 2013 04:07 PM
Vulnerable people need someone acting as an advocate in their corner - whether it's someone in care without family, or the carer on a zero hour contract
19 March 2013 12:04 PM
He must be prepared to stand up for the common good; to stand up for women, and deal with the scandal that is child abuse
As Virgin are asked to run the West Coast mainline for another year, lets revisit a more radical option
15 October 2012 04:52 PM
The evidence from other utilities is overwhelming. We should abandon the years of failure that privatisation has bestowed and renationalise the lot of them
02 August 1998 12:02 AM
14 June 1998 12:02 AM
31 May 1998 12:02 AM
07 May 1998 12:02 AM
29 March 1998 12:02 AM
22 February 1998 12:02 AM
11 January 1998 12:02 AM
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster