Paul Gallagher is a reporter for the Independent and Independent on Sunday having joined the group in 2012. He has previously worked for the European Voice, Daily Mirror and the Observer and been based in Brussels, Belfast, Tokyo and London.
21 November 2014 05:21 PM
First floor balcony collapses on removal men as they hoist sofa
21 November 2014 12:00 AM
Actor, 79, played the safety-conscious superhero in public information films 40 years ago
Westminster sex abuse scandal: Police investigate father's claims that eight-year-old son was murdered by Conservative MP
19 November 2014 06:12 PM
Vishal Mehrotra, eight, was murdered in 1981
16 November 2014 12:00 AM
12 November 2014 07:03 PM
Vital information may be in the Barbara Castle archive
11 November 2014 05:10 PM
Dr Mark Newbold stands down, blaming Monitor for contributing to a “blame-based culture”
Child sex abuse report: Files concerning Westminster paedophile ring were destroyed in last few years
11 November 2014 12:25 PM
However, a sophisticated cover-up is "unlikely"
07 November 2014 06:44 PM
Tributes paid to Cerys Yemm as investigation begins into why man was released early from prison
07 November 2014 05:53 PM
Asian colleagues were apparently known as "terrorist" and "mad dog"
06 November 2014 06:59 PM
Inspectors discovered on a recent return that the service was still “not safe”
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 #NotGuilty: Second Oxford student writes of brutal rape by two men who then threw her in a bin as part of campaign against victim blaming
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 Oxygen-starved 'dead zones' with no marine life up to 100-miles long discovered in the Atlantic Ocean
- 5 How the language you speak changes your view of the world