Paul Peachey is Crime Correspondent at the Independent
05 March 2015 07:52 PM
‘I can’t see how they can say senior managers didn’t know about abuse...’
05 March 2015 07:14 PM
Former Conservative MP admitted gross indecency in the 1980s
03 March 2015 08:24 PM
Police treated abuse victims as if they were 'wayward girls', report says
Oxford grooming: 370 children abused by gangs after senior police and social workers ignored 'very difficult girls'
03 March 2015 12:15 PM
Email warned: 'I don’t know what more can be done to ensure that these vulnerable mispers [missing persons] are treated as a priority inquiry until one of them is found dead'
02 March 2015 07:52 PM
Police were searching his £1.8m home in County Durham
02 March 2015 07:28 PM
Ghania Emwazi recognised her son’s voice when he appeared for the first time
01 March 2015 06:34 PM
CCTV images of the three British girls who left for Turkey nearly two weeks ago at Istanbul bus station, from where they travelled to Urfa near the Syrian border
27 February 2015 08:41 PM
Neighbours said the Isis killer prayed up to five times a day at a mosque close to his home in west London before he enrolled at Westminster University
19 February 2015 07:47 PM
The soldier, aged 19, is on leave from his Cyprus-based regiment
19 February 2015 07:37 PM
Reporter seeks to clear his name – and warns that his case is an example of a chilling threat to press freedom
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London