Penny Young is Chief Executive at NatCen Social Research
17 June 2014 10:22 AM
Our report suggests the definition of this hazy concept has become stricter
LGBT Adoption Week: We're getting there, but almost half of Britain still needs convincing that same sex couples should be allowed to adopt
06 March 2014 11:17 AM
Our British Social Attitudes survey shows that men need the most persuading
17 January 1999 12:02 AM
08 November 1998 12:02 AM
23 August 1998 12:02 AM
22 March 1998 12:02 AM
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientists who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans