Laurie Penny is a columnist for The Independent
21 April 2012 12:00 AM
The first thing boys learn is that there’s nothing worse than being ‘like a girl’. So men keep quiet
09 April 2012 12:00 AM
05 April 2012 12:00 AM
It's rather irritating that I have finally become tabloid-famous in the guise of a simpering damsel in distress...
28 March 2012 12:00 AM
24 March 2012 12:01 AM
Protest and privilege make uneasy bedfellows.
08 March 2012 12:00 AM
The men who run the world have become too used to not being afraid. Let's make them afraid
05 March 2012 12:01 AM
“Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran!” sings the AIPAC delegate, striding cheerfully through illegal Israeli settlements in his sharp tan suit.
11 February 2012 12:00 AM
Feminism is the new tweed.
20 January 2012 12:00 AM
13 January 2012 12:00 AM
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Boston Marathon runner's search for mystery man she kissed ends with letter from his wife
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 3 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 4 How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
- 5 Chinese theme park sets up 'death simulator' where volunteers can experience being cremated