Laurie Penny is a columnist for The Independent
21 April 2012 12:00 AM
The first thing boys learn is that there’s nothing worse than being ‘like a girl’. So men keep quiet
09 April 2012 12:00 AM
05 April 2012 12:00 AM
28 March 2012 12:00 AM
24 March 2012 12:01 AM
Protest and privilege make uneasy bedfellows.
08 March 2012 12:00 AM
The men who run the world have become too used to not being afraid. Let's make them afraid
05 March 2012 12:01 AM
“Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran!” sings the AIPAC delegate, striding cheerfully through illegal Israeli settlements in his sharp tan suit.
11 February 2012 12:00 AM
Feminism is the new tweed.
20 January 2012 12:00 AM
13 January 2012 12:00 AM
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail