Laurie Penny is a columnist for The Independent
21 April 2012 12:00 AM
The first thing boys learn is that there’s nothing worse than being ‘like a girl’. So men keep quiet
09 April 2012 12:00 AM
05 April 2012 12:00 AM
It's rather irritating that I have finally become tabloid-famous in the guise of a simpering damsel in distress...
28 March 2012 12:00 AM
24 March 2012 12:01 AM
Protest and privilege make uneasy bedfellows.
08 March 2012 12:00 AM
The men who run the world have become too used to not being afraid. Let's make them afraid
05 March 2012 12:01 AM
“Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran!” sings the AIPAC delegate, striding cheerfully through illegal Israeli settlements in his sharp tan suit.
11 February 2012 12:00 AM
Feminism is the new tweed.
20 January 2012 12:00 AM
13 January 2012 12:00 AM
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands