Laurie Penny is a columnist for The Independent
21 April 2012 12:00 AM
The first thing boys learn is that there’s nothing worse than being ‘like a girl’. So men keep quiet
09 April 2012 12:00 AM
05 April 2012 12:00 AM
It's rather irritating that I have finally become tabloid-famous in the guise of a simpering damsel in distress...
28 March 2012 12:00 AM
24 March 2012 12:01 AM
Protest and privilege make uneasy bedfellows.
08 March 2012 12:00 AM
The men who run the world have become too used to not being afraid. Let's make them afraid
05 March 2012 12:01 AM
“Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran!” sings the AIPAC delegate, striding cheerfully through illegal Israeli settlements in his sharp tan suit.
11 February 2012 12:00 AM
Feminism is the new tweed.
20 January 2012 12:00 AM
13 January 2012 12:00 AM
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed