Peter Mandelson was European Commissioner for Trade, 2004-2008. He was the Member of Parliament (MP) for Hartlepool from 1992 to 2004, served in a number of Cabinet positions under both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown
28 April 2013 12:00 AM
A former European Commissioner for Trade says David Cameron is wrong to pick a fight with Europe
13 January 2009 12:00 AM
The first question for a long-term take on the UK labour market has to be, what kind of British economy is going to emerge from the current downturn?
05 December 2008 12:00 AM
The world of 2008 is simply not the world of 1997. In the mid-1990s, New Labour's vision was an "enabling state" that strengthened the supply side of the economy, welcomed the dynamism of markets and worked to ensure that as many people as possible benefited.
17 December 1999 12:02 AM
29 September 1999 12:02 AM
13 December 1998 12:02 AM
20 March 1998 12:02 AM
26 November 1997 12:02 AM
10 November 1997 12:02 AM
30 March 1995 12:02 AM
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more