Peter Mandelson was European Commissioner for Trade, 2004-2008. He was the Member of Parliament (MP) for Hartlepool from 1992 to 2004, served in a number of Cabinet positions under both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown
28 April 2013 12:00 AM
A former European Commissioner for Trade says David Cameron is wrong to pick a fight with Europe
13 January 2009 12:00 AM
The first question for a long-term take on the UK labour market has to be, what kind of British economy is going to emerge from the current downturn?
05 December 2008 12:00 AM
The world of 2008 is simply not the world of 1997. In the mid-1990s, New Labour's vision was an "enabling state" that strengthened the supply side of the economy, welcomed the dynamism of markets and worked to ensure that as many people as possible benefited.
17 December 1999 12:02 AM
29 September 1999 12:02 AM
13 December 1998 12:02 AM
20 March 1998 12:02 AM
26 November 1997 12:02 AM
10 November 1997 12:02 AM
30 March 1995 12:02 AM
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
- 1 VMAs 2015: Was Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus' awkward acceptance put-down real or staged?
- 2 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 I like Corbyn, but let's face it: we don't need another white man at the head of a political party
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition