Phil Scraton, Professor of Criminology at Queen’s University Belfast,was a member of the Hillsborough Independent Panel leading the research team and primarily authoring the Panel’s Report.
14 April 2013 07:39 PM
It is now 14 years since I revealed how the South Yorkshire Police initiated the alteration of officers’ statements to divert responsibility onto fans
27 September 1999 12:02 AM
27 September 1999 12:00 AM
Lockdown America: Police and Prisons in the Age of Crisis by Christian Parenti (Verso, £20)
26 June 1998 12:02 AM
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
- 1 Labour rallies behind Flint as deputy leader to offset a Corbyn win
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 It won’t work, Jeremy: The Health Secretary has lost the confidence of the medical profession in his attempt to reform the NHS
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds