Phil Scraton, Professor of Criminology at Queen’s University Belfast,was a member of the Hillsborough Independent Panel leading the research team and primarily authoring the Panel’s Report.
14 April 2013 07:39 PM
It is now 14 years since I revealed how the South Yorkshire Police initiated the alteration of officers’ statements to divert responsibility onto fans
27 September 1999 12:02 AM
27 September 1999 12:00 AM
Lockdown America: Police and Prisons in the Age of Crisis by Christian Parenti (Verso, £20)
26 June 1998 12:02 AM
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
- 4 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition
- 5 First clip of Outkast's Andre 3000 in Jimi Hendrix biopic All Is By My Side emerges