Philip Norman is an English novelist, biographer, journalist and playwright.
30 December 2013 05:19 PM
Stars are wasting their talents, and viewers are wasting their time
27 August 2013 12:00 AM
Some may scoff at Oxford's antiquated rituals, but not Philip Norman, whose daughter has just graduated there. He relished its history as a counterpoint to his own impoverished past
23 June 2013 12:00 AM
Prosecco is so passé – the country's best sparkling wines are produced in Franciacorta, a charming region of ambrosial delights, says Philip Norman
19 September 2012 12:00 AM
Hidden in Bulgaria's Rhodope mountains lies the village of Gella, the perfect place for a luxury retreat. But beware: the Devil's Throat, a vast and scary cavern, lies nearby
28 September 1996 12:02 AM
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is