Priyamvada Gopal teaches in the Faculty of English at the University of Cambridge
10 April 2014 10:53 AM
The poll may prove historic for all the wrong reasons
09 April 2014 06:34 PM
The world’s media regard it as a postcolonial success story – a functioning democracy that has managed to remain formally pluralist and inclusive – and describe the spectacle of India’s vast electorate going to the polls as “historic”.
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'