Rachel Hobbs is a freelance writer and works in health communications
06 January 2015 11:38 AM
Mental health funding has been cut for three years in a row, while demand is increasing. With news that prescriptions for antidepressants in Britain have doubled over the last 10 years, some say this shows people are being medicated unnecessarily, but is it that simple?
10 October 2014 11:22 AM
Been affected by mental illness? You are not alone. We all have mental health that needs to be taken care of, in the same way we all have physical health
13 August 2014 02:52 PM
The death of Robin Williams' highlights the importance of understanding depression
15 July 2014 03:55 PM
Earlier this year Jonny Benjamin set up a nationwide search to #findmike, the stranger who talked him out of taking his own life on Waterloo bridge. People told him he ‘didn’t look like a schizophrenic’ - so what do people imagine?
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
HSBC review into moving headquarters from UK 'underway'
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 The Visit: Trailer for M Night Shyamalan's latest horror film is terrifying
- 5 9/11: Iranian General accuses US of organising September 11 terror attacks