Rachel Whitehead works in communications for the charity, Rethink Mental Illness (www.rethink.org)
14 November 2013 07:30 PM
We must ensure that our desire to protect vulnerable people from media exploitation doesn’t result in censorship of mental health issues
17 February 2013 10:00 AM
Language is very telling of attitudes - would it be the same talking about medication for high blood pressure?
25 October 2012 03:48 PM
While there are some shining examples of good practice within the mental healthcare system, there is still a huge amount of work to be done.
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 3 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark