Ralph Blackburn is a freelance journalist interested in politics, foreign affairs and sport. He grew up in Cambridge before studying history at Newcastle University, and is also a fanatical Newcastle United fan.
09 November 2014 12:00 AM
17 August 2014 12:00 AM
03 August 2014 12:00 AM
27 July 2014 12:00 AM
The underused brain? It's all in the mind: Film-makers' much-loved idea that we only use 10 per cent of our grey cells is a fiction
20 July 2014 12:00 AM
13 July 2014 12:00 AM
03 November 2013 01:51 PM
Turnover is up, the living wage stays down and protests continue. What's going on?
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition