Ralph Blackburn is a freelance journalist interested in politics, foreign affairs and sport. He grew up in Cambridge before studying history at Newcastle University, and is also a fanatical Newcastle United fan.
09 November 2014 12:00 AM
17 August 2014 12:00 AM
03 August 2014 12:00 AM
27 July 2014 12:00 AM
The underused brain? It's all in the mind: Film-makers' much-loved idea that we only use 10 per cent of our grey cells is a fiction
20 July 2014 12:00 AM
13 July 2014 12:00 AM
03 November 2013 01:51 PM
Turnover is up, the living wage stays down and protests continue. What's going on?
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Man to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia after ripping up a Koran and hitting it with his shoe
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory