Richard Garner is The Independent's Education Editor.
25 August 2015 03:15 AM
The cash would then be passed on to further education colleges
24 August 2015 12:00 AM
Total cost of preparing children for the new school year adds up to £2.9bn
22 August 2015 12:00 AM
Numbers opting for the International Baccalaureate and BTECs have risen
21 August 2015 10:00 PM
England’s 500 best-performing state schools outperformed the top 500 private schools
20 August 2015 05:37 PM
The good thing about the cut in the gender gap is that it has been achieved by boys improving their performance - rather than girls doing worse
20 August 2015 04:41 PM
Headteachers’ leaders claimed the reduction was likely to be down to former Education Secretary Michael Gove’s exam reforms
20 August 2015 03:18 PM
Many fear that gains in the subject following the Government’s introduction of the English Baccalaureate have been wiped out
20 August 2015 02:38 PM
Teenagers at risk of dropping out of school have had their GCSE results boosted by being paired with a three to five-year-old
20 August 2015 09:30 AM
As the sciences see improvement, director general of the Joint Council for Qualifications says 'there is very little change in this year's results'
Schools using community languages such as Urdu and Polish to boost their rankings in league tables, says leading academic
20 August 2015 12:10 AM
Figures show that more than one in three candidates who sit GCSEs in community languages obtain an A* grade - the highest figure for any subject
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night