Richard Garner is The Independent's Education Editor.
19 June 2013 12:00 AM
Poll of admissions staff reveals 30 per cent would ignore any sporting achievements outlined in students’ CVs
18 June 2013 07:23 PM
The people of Stoke Poges (population 5,000) go to court over plan for new Sikh school (845 pupils) in their backyard
17 June 2013 10:14 PM
Labour is pledging a crackdown on academies and free schools if it is returned to power at the next election.
17 June 2013 03:44 PM
Under new proposals, they would also be allowed to extend the school term
16 June 2013 07:23 PM
The number of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds applying to elite universities has fallen in the past decade. New ideas musts be considered
Schools are failing brightest pupils: More than 40% of comprehensive schools are not challenging the most able, Ofsted warns
13 June 2013 09:00 AM
Too many comprehensive schools are failing to get the best out of their brightest pupils, chief schools inspector Sir Michael Wilshaw, will say today.
13 June 2013 12:00 AM
The class of 2013 are the most optimistic bunch of graduates over their prospects of gaining employment for 15 years, according to research out today.
12 June 2013 07:00 PM
Why offer students just one subject when studying two can give help kick-start their careers. Richard Garner finds out how Keele's founding principles are coming into their own
12 June 2013 07:00 PM
Hands up those of you who have been hungry for three days, asked Sylvia Mwichuli, director of communications at AGRA, which aims to help smallholder farmers in Africa combat hunger.
12 June 2013 06:04 PM
Over 100 historians claim Education Secretary’s plan ‘lacks balance and promotes political views’
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf