Richard Garner is The Independent's Education Editor.
02 March 2015 07:13 PM
Local authorities ‘can’t afford to create new places’ to keep up with birth rate
01 March 2015 12:00 AM
Tristram Hunt wants employers to speak in primary schools to encourage children to have broader horizons
01 March 2015 12:00 AM
'That's not going to combat the jihadist ideology which we need to root out,' claims Tristram Hunt
27 February 2015 03:36 PM
What Labour is trying to address through its policy is the burden of unpaid debt still haunting students until it is finally written off 30 years after graduating
27 February 2015 01:19 PM
Education Secretary Nicky Morgan ordered the closure after inspectors accused pupils of harbouring 'prejudiced views' of children from other faiths
26 February 2015 05:03 PM
Spencer is one of 10 teachers worldwide to be shortlisted to win a $1 million dollar prize by the global teacher of the year award
26 February 2015 12:00 AM
If the first festival in 2012 is anything to go by - this weekend's will be a sell-out
24 February 2015 06:55 PM
Professor Nicholas Barr wants payment threshold lowered
23 February 2015 02:18 PM
A claim that standards in London schools only soared as a result of the capital’s ethnic mix is dismissed in research released today.
20 February 2015 03:40 PM
Lord Mandelson has warned a cut in higher education funding could lead to cuts in vital courses such as science, engineering and maths
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London