Rob Hastings is Assistant News Editor at The Independent. He has served on the news desk since 2010. While working as a freelance reporter and feature writer he was also published by The Guardian, The Times and the Financial Times.
09 April 2015 07:51 PM
Improving relations between the republic and the West could open its treasures to tourists once again. Rob Hastings gets a taste of what to expect
05 April 2015 12:00 AM
The Iranians and Americans already appear to be disputing what terms they have actually agreed to, says one expert
18 March 2015 06:46 PM
‘Theft I love it, drugs I love it, murder I hate it’
06 March 2015 06:31 PM
Sonia Pereiro Mendez was said to have been 'publicly mocked' for being a woman – a situation that worsened after she revealed she was expecting a baby
03 March 2015 10:50 AM
Dramatically made over for a BBC programme, this little mansion offers both comfort and style, says Rob Hastings
Ennio Morricone review: Veteran soundtrack composer squeezes every last drop of spaghetti western magic for The Ecstasy of Gold
08 February 2015 11:29 PM
The 02, London
30 January 2015 05:29 PM
Fijian Prime Minister: "We are righting a wrong"
04 December 2014 07:41 PM
Victims of alleged sex abuse wrote to Theresa May demanding a wider remit and new panel members
21 November 2014 05:59 PM
Talking to babies can improve their language and vocabulary skills
17 November 2014 12:00 AM
The small tomb of Esther and Mordechai doesn’t get many Jewish pilgrims these days.
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'