Rob Marchant is a political commentator and former Labour Party manager. As well as his regular columns at LabourList and Labour Uncut, he also contributes to the New Statesman, Left Foot Forward, Harry’s Place, Progress, the Huffington Post and his own blog, The Centre Left.
24 February 2013 08:24 PM
If our Prime Minister thinks he's having a hard time, he should put himself in the position of his Spanish counterpart. That country's misery affects us all
12 February 2013 04:29 PM
The former Lib Dem MP was talented and had achievements to his name. But he lied to his children, ex-wife, peers, colleagues and the public, and that is intolerable
14 January 2013 01:41 PM
Though the Labour Party leadership may deny it, the Shadow Chancellor is a huge impediment to the necessary task of persuading the public they can be trusted
04 December 2012 03:59 PM
It is clear that the far Left is coming back; and unclear that Labour is on course for General Election victory. Here's what last week tells us about the state of the parties
08 November 2012 02:54 PM
A survey of their candidates tells up plenty not just about its personnel but it's philosophy too. How did they come to be part of Britain's political Left?
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
General Election 2015: Polish prince challenges Nigel Farage to a duel over immigration question
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'