Robert Fisk is a multiple award-winning journalist on the Middle East, based in Beirut.
Anonymous comments are as pathetic as the anonymous "sources" that contaminate gutless journalism from the New York Times, BBC, and CNN
10 January 2013 07:00 PM
Rather than call it cyber-journalism we should stop drinking this digital poison
06 January 2013 08:03 PM
The message for Syrians was clear: the army is the bedrock of power
06 January 2013 07:26 PM
Are the dead from Assad's army even counted in these statistics?
31 December 2012 05:29 PM
Nobody can predict which way the ‘Arab Awakening’ will turn this year. But Robert Fisk has ventured a very tentative punt or two...
31 December 2012 01:00 AM
The Long View: We need to understand our history better: why did Arabs disappear from ‘our’ science?
24 December 2012 12:00 AM
You've got to be careful when Syria's rebels are perpetually "closing in"
Finucane, Sami al-Saadi and Khaled el-Musri: will we once again just 'move on' from the murky conduct of MI6 and the CIA?
16 December 2012 07:59 PM
Torture, rendition, sodomy: with ‘protectors’ like these, who needs ex-friends?
09 December 2012 06:19 PM
The picture shows German tanks on the streets of Oslo in 1940. In Norway, our correspondent examines how education, terror and history are linked
08 December 2012 12:00 AM
Bashar’s father Hafez al-Assad was brutal but never used chemical arms. And do you know which was the first army to use gas in the Middle East?
Syria's elite used to believe the bureaucracy would continue even after the fall of Bashar al-Assad. After Makdissi’s defection, that has changed
04 December 2012 06:16 PM
The real reasons for the "dismissal" of a Syrian spokesman
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats